Thursday 15 November 2012

Mind Over Body...The Mind is a Muscle Too


Today was one of those hard days at work, and so when it came to going to my aqua spinning class tonight my motivation level was not very high.

Usually, I can work myself pretty hard in my aqua spinning class and get a good workout. For those who are wondering what exactly is aqua spinning or aqua cycling, it’s essentially a spinning class in a pool. The bikes are in the shallow end of a pool and we do a series of different exercises. Water serves as our resistance. It’s actually very cool and a full workout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJI-nn_1fA&noredirect=1

I’ve been going for a few weeks now and I know how hard I can push myself. Tonight, though, within 3 minutes my legs were already sore. In the exercise where we count how many turns we can do I was under what I can usually accomplish.

My mind and body were tired tonight and it showed.

It’s a reminder how the mind is a muscle we need to exercise and keep healthy. There will be tough days and during those days it will be harder to obtain the physical level you are use to. That’s ok. It’s one day and it’s behind me now. I just need to remember that one is just as important as the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment