Tuesday 13 November 2012

Running Passion

I LOVE talking about running...for the first time in my life I can really sink my teeth into a hobby. I've always been the type of person that has liked to try many things, but I never stuck to one and had it become a passion. As an adult it's been the same. But with running and getting in shape it's different.

Today, I was talking with colleagues about fitness and running, and just speaking about it me gave me a high.

I think the reason I've stuck to the fitness and running thing all this time is because I've been able to challenge myself and push myself to accomplish things I once thought impossible.

If you want to get in shape just to get in shape it's not enough...there needs to be a stronger force than that. You have to find something that lights you up and that you enjoy doing no matter the circumstance.



Like today...after working on a presentation for a few hours I lost my file...needless to say I was very frustrated, but instead of going home and stressing about my presentation I went to the gym for a quick workout. Now my lost presentation doesn't seem like so much of a big deal anymore - I'll just start again tomorrow morning.

If time and money was no object what would you do?

Now, how do you do a little more of that everyday?

(my refreshing workout today: 15 minutes on the elliptical machine, a series of leg exercises including lunges and squats)

No comments:

Post a Comment